I made a Bread Pudding with leftover bread, french and sandwich I had laying around. I take this to work because my family really doesn't care for bread pudding. I remembered seeing a recipe somewhere but almost couldn't place it. After looking through several cookbooks, I suddenly remembered it was on the Lucky Leaf Dark Sweet Cherry Pie Filling can. It is wonderful!!!
Lucious Cherry-Chocolate Bread Pudding
6 c. bread cubes (3/4 inch), toasted at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
3 c. half & half
1/4 cup sugar
1 pkg. (12 oz.) white chocolate chips
4 eggs, beaten
1 can (21 oz.) Lucky Leaf Dark Sweet Cherry Pie Filling
In saucepan, heat half and half and sugar until boiling. Remove from heat, stir in chips until melted. Gradually whisk into eggs. Place bread cubes in 2-quart baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Top with custard mixture. Let stand 10 minutes for bread to absorb custard. Drop pie filling over top. Swirl. Some cherries should be visible on bottom of casserole. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes until puffed and golden. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Servings: 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment